Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood storage opening?

Hi
    I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the opening width, for the wood storage area that others have used on their foundations. Right now it looks like mine will be about 28" unless I cut the bricks in the front. I don't mind cutting the bricks but I will have to cut them all the way up or it might look kind of strange. I could also increase the size of the foundation since I left extra room on the slab. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
    Larry

Re: Wood storage opening?

If you terminated your side walls with a half brick, so they didn't jut inward, you could use your brick to get any width (in four inch increments) that you wanted. Any cavity in the brickwork could be filled with mortar and rubble before you poured your slab.

Since you're bricking up the outside, you could use your brick exterior for your slab form, with a little planning.

It's looking good.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Thank You so much for the reply. Sometimes the most obvious solution eludes me. I also like the idea of using the brick as the forms. It makes sense!

Regards
      Larry

Comment

Mine is 500mm. I can even crawl in there and use my oven as a bomb shelter!

Comment

Working...
        X