Enclosure mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosure mesh

I uploaded a picture (under enclosure mesh). It shows that the mesh(lath)
    was used in An Alan Scott type oven. Will this cause the cladding to crack and if so should it be removed.
    Thanks!

Re: Enclosure mesh

I am not sure I understand the question I don't remember it in Scott's book, which by no means means it was not there, just that it did not interest me at the time.

If you are going to stucco or something, the expanded metal lathe is probably a must have, to give support to the stucco. Where are you talking about lathe being called for?

Travis
    TravisNTexas

Comment

The book called for Cladding with reinforcing metal to cover the dome, however ,I
      incorrectly used a mesh lathe wich has about four times as much metal .
      I uploaded a picture of the mesh under photos/enclosure.

Comment

Yeah, I reread your original post, and realized that YOU Uploaded a picture

Stupid of me. I will go have a look at it now

Travis
        TravisNTexas

Comment

Okay, now I see where, and what for

If you want the extra mass that the cladding will bring to the equation, then I see no harm in having the expanded metal in there to help put it on and hold it up. But keep in mind that the extra mass translates into more fuel and time required to get the oven up to temperature, but it also translates into more time at temperature once you get it hot.

I don't know from the picture what kind of metal it is, but the only concern I can think of would be a different expansion than the cladding that might cause cracks, which I doubt would be a factor, but I may be wrong. I can't see it as a problem, but let some of the experienced wise folks respond.

Travis
          TravisNTexas

Comment

Working...
          X