Info required in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info required in New Zealand

Hi I am in the process of building an oven and up to the hearth/insulation stage. By using the vermiculite I feel the hearth will end up being to deep and would like to use the insulation board. Problem is no one has heard of Super-Isol in New Zealand. Question to anyone in New Zealand, is it available here or is there an equivalent product that works as well? Any ideas would be appreciated. Dave

Re: Info required in New Zealand

Super-isol is trade name for calcium-silicate board. FB board is a trade name for a mineral wool refractory board. Either should be available in 2"/50mm thickness from any refractory supplier. A quick google maps search shows a half a dozen refractory dealers in NZ, any one should have something that will work.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Super-isol is made by Skamol. It is their 1000c range of Cal.Sil board. Check out Home for dealers. We are their Australian agents.

Comment

Thanks for the couple of replies. I am trying to source an alternative in calcium silicate board with same fire rating as Super-isol. Will be speaking to a local insulating firm tomorrow. Curious dmun as to how much shipping/insurance to New Zealand for your FB board for one 36 inch oven would be if I can not locate a suitable board. Regards Dave.

Comment

Hello everybody

I know I am not supposed to put any commercial stuff on here. But maybe it can benefit somebody who finds it hard to find fire bricks and tiles here in New Zealand.

We are a small fire brick manufacturer in Auckland

The brick are 230 x 115 x 75mm

Ideal for BBQ's, fire place linings, free standing fire places, pizza ovens, umu's, hobby kilns, workshops, thermal walls and insulation. (We also stock 270 x 270 x 40 insulation tiles)

We also make fire place lining bricks and tiles to order (large production runs only).

We developed this product many years ago and they have been successfully used in free-standing fire places etc, since. They are also reputed to have superior performance over clay insulation bricks and tiles.

Let me know if anybody wants any more information.

Cheers
          F

Comment

Hey, we don't mind on-topic commercial posts that don't directly compete with James' products.

What is the thing you're selling? Not a firebrick? Is it cast insulating refractory concrete? Want to put up a MDS?

I know the folks down under pay ruinous prices for firebrick, although I'm not exactly sure why. If your product is useful, I'm sure they'll be glad to hear about it.
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hey, thank you for your positive response. Yes we do sell bricks 230 x 115 x 75mm

Excuse my ignorance, I am not too sure what the MDS means. Is it a Manufacturer Distributor Supplier Listing?? I would love to hear more about this.

Thank you very much

Cheers
              Frans

Comment

Material safety Data sheets. But i think they would need the TDS [tech.data sheet]

Comment

sounds great. where can i get some??

Comment

also what is the price per brick and shipping to blenheim?? Need about 230 bricks

Comment

Hi Tartan Greek

Thank you for your enquiry. We are in Auckland but I can get the bricks to you to depot Blenheim for NZ$ 3.75 per brick. I hope you can work with that.

Cheers
                      Frans

Comment

Originally posted by tartangeek View Post
                        also what is the price per brick and shipping to blenheim?? Need about 230 bricks
                        Hey tartangeek. How's it going with your oven? Have you made any progresss. I am in the planning stages at the moment, and trying to believe that this will be affordable to do it. I would be interested in your progress/thoughts.

Comment

have you tried pottery kiln supplyers

Comment

Working...
                          X