Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Fire bricks - Sydney Australia

Hi Guys,

I've been reading posts here for a while and see that firebricks are very expensive in Australia. I'm about to build my first WFO and also did the ring around and found the best price I can get them for is $3.30 per brick.

I don't want to pay this price so I'm looking into buying a large load of them wholesale & passing the savings on.

Would anyone be interested if I can get fire bricks and sell them at a much cheaper price than $3.30?

I'm located in Baulkham Hills(near Parramatta) in Sydney.

Re: Cheap Fire bricks - Sydney Australia

i definately would. im local to your area as well.

i already purchased about 50 at for $3.50 each, and like u thought its going to be too expensive to do the entire oven from firebrick so ive gone and bought new boral blue solids for the oven and use firebricks for the base..

if you can get the bricks cheap i can always use the solids for other backyard reno's..

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison View Post
      i definately would. im local to your area as well.
      Great! I'll get things moving. I think the cost will be around $2.20 per brick. Please PM me and let me know how many you need, when you need them etc. Also, where are you located?

Cheers

Any other takes, I will try and get them all at the same time.

Comment

Harrison,
        run with your high fired clay bricks for your dome. Firebricks are an unnecessary expense provided the bricks you use are high fired and not ever likely to meet that temperature.
        Littlehampton Bricks over here in SA sell heaps of their solid 4" clay pavers for around $.80c each which are fired at 1200˚C for wood fired ovens and many people use them without problems as our ovens (well mine does anyway) gets to just over 500˚C

Rastys
        If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again until you get it right!

Comment

I would be interested in purchasing around 200 fire bricks. im also local and would pick them up. If you don't have any left please drop me an email comfirming and ill try else where

Comment

I am also new and about to start an oven. I am interested in 200 firebricks if it is not too late.

John

Comment

Originally posted by john gordon View Post
              I am also new and about to start an oven. I am interested in 200 firebricks if it is not too late.

John
              No it shouldn't be too late. Please Private Message(PM) me with details of when you need them and the suburb you live in.

thanks

Comment

that is a great price, the best i could get when buying 200 was $3.50 which was from Sydney
                Real men cook with fire
                My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

Hi,

I only recently joined this site, I'm in the process of building my own pizza oven, I wondered if it is to late to ask about the cheaper fire bricks you mentioned way back in May 2009

I need about 200, would you be so kind to respond and let me know, I live local to you

Kind regards

Vito

Comment

Hi,

I am also interested in firebricks. I am about to build the pompeii oven 42inch, so I guess I will be needing about 200 bricks or thereabouts? (this should cover the cooking floor and the dome)

many thanks,

Michael.
                    Whatever you do, do it with a glass of red.

Comment

Vito & Michael,

I am also building a 1000mm brick oven and would need a similar number of bricks to you guys.

Let me know if you manage to find them cheaper than $3.30 each.

Paul
                      Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
                      (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

hey guys,

i had no luck in getting the fire bricks any cheaper than $3.30, i have almost completed my wfo, wish you luck getting those cheaper bricks

Vito

Comment

Working...
                        X