Chimney dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney dimensions

Rethinking the arch for my chimney..Are there any restrictions on the height of the chimney opening in relation to the oven opening? Is there a point where the chimney will not draft correctly and divert the smoke. I have an oven opening arch apex of 10.75" and thinking of a 12 - 13" arch on chimney face.

Re: Chimney dimensions

I have a 42" diameter oven and the top of the oven opening is 12 inches above the cooking floor. The chimney arch (opening) sits on top (brick depth) of the oven opening and has a 12 inch elongated vent. I fashioned a trianglular stainless steel vent reducing to a circular housing for the chimney flue and added two 4 foot lengths of chimney to the housing. It works a treat with very little smoke escaping out of the oven door. It all pretty much goes up the chinmey!

Good luck

Comment

Wookie, the chimney sections you have ontop, how have you secured them?

I intend to use a 5 foot SS 8" chimney ontop and was wonder whether or not to fix it with a metal support to behind the dome, just to help in be stronger in winds and the like.

Have you secured the bottom perminately or is it removable?

Comment

The sections are male/female type with fluting on the section that fits inside the other. I have secured the sections together with s/s screw. I found that I did not need any bracing especially as my oven is reasonably protected. I also had to secure the 'chinaman's hat' with a s/s screw, the snug fit was not good enough to stop the fixture catching the wind and blowing off. Using two sections I was able to experiment with one section or two to see if the draft was good enough with only one - it was OK but better with the two sections.

Comment

Working...
        X