Help Me Build Mobile Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Me Build Mobile Oven

The steel cradle has handles welded to it and is made from 1/4" galv steel angle with two 1/4" flat bar rails on the bottom. This sits on the wooden trolley and the wooden boards on the side hold it in position. The 6 wheels are rated to 45 Kg load each
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi David

Correct me if I am wrong. Your oven sits onto a steel cradle. I am assuming that the Base of your oven is Cemented onto the Steel Cradle which in turn is probably screwed onto the wooden trolley. I am planning on using the same principle you used so If possible can you maybe draw up a more or less design of your cradle and wooden trolley. It would really help me.

Secondly as I mentioned previously, I am about to purchase the WFO from a local supplier. I am just a bit concerned at the fact that I am not very clued up when it comes to ovens. I don't want the supplier to catch me in buying something that is inferior. I want to ask them tons of questions on the oven but I dont know what to ask. Could you guys advise me on what to question them on to ensure I am buying a good oven?

Really appreciated everyone's help so far
      Regards
      Oven_Man

Comment

Oven man,
        No the supporting slab sits in the steel cradle (angle section) and it in turn sits on the wooden trolley with timber sides to hold it in place. Have a look at the oven you propose to buy and see how you can set it up. It may come with some kind of supporting slab already.

Comment

Hi David

I am going to try and take pics of the oven this weekend.
          I will try and post it here.

From what I know so far, the oven does sit on a supporting slab.
          Does you slab just sit in the Steel Cradle? What holds it in place since it could tilt out from the cradle and you would have a disaster?

The Steel Cradle attached to the Wooden trolley seems pretty straight forward but my concern is the Oven Supporting Slab on the steel Cradle.

Thanks so much for all you help so far.
          Really appreciate it.

Regards
          Oven_Man

Comment

No, Its weight holds it in place and the turnbuckles hold it down, but you'll have to see what you can set up yourself.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
              I just found this info online and thought it might be helpful to those who are interested in mobile ovens and trailers. Happy Reading

Hand Print Press-- More about Ovens

Comment

Hi Oven Man,,

This is a thread for a mobile oven you should check out,,, http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...uild-7866.html Has the entire build form start to finish,,
                Cheers
                Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark,
                  I have looked at Joey's work. He has done a really great job.
                  Thank you,
                  Carol

Comment

Working...
                  X