One small step for Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One small step for Pizza

Thanks for the advice, but there is also one thing I failed to mention. I won't be ready to use this perlite for at least a couple of months!! Well there goes the storage in the shed and garage.
    The good news is that I plan on pouring the foundation in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Comment

UPDATE!!
      Ok for all of you who laughed at me for suggesting that you don't keep accurate records as to the cost of your WFO build, here is proof that I was correct all along!
      As I stated earlier, I let my lawn guy earn some extra money and let him (and my wife told me his wife and kids) dig out for the foundation. Well I got a call yesterday from my wife and told me the area that I picked (actually she picked) for the WFO has a sprinkler head right in the middle of the foundation!
      The lawn guy and his crew went ahead and finished up the digging, I am told so now I am faced with the following options:
      1. Fill in the hole and move the location
      2. Reroute the sprinkler head
      3. Cap it off and proceed.
      I am inclinde to pick option 3 since I believe where this head is located it only watered the area footprint where the oven is going.

Comment

Just an update

Finished the foundation hole last weekend and installed the wire mesh and rebar for the footer.
        I plan on comming home again for this Easter weekend and I hope to be able to pour out the foundation on Saturday.
        At the rate I'm going I think I'll be able to cook my 1st pizza in about 1 1/2 years!

Comment

That sounds like the length of time it'll take me to complete my oven too...
          George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Well I have finally gone from a hole in the ground to a launch pad!
            This weekend I plan on building the block stand. I hope to be able to post some photos soon for the build, but I havn't investagated that much yet on how to do that. Besides, I don't think anyone is that intrested in seeing just the hole and now the foundation pad.

Comment

Boy it's amazing how much work can be accomplished when you are home every weekend! I was home AGIAN this past weekend and completed building up the block riser, got the rebar cut and shaped AND the supports and outer frame built and ready for the hearth slab pour!
              I am going to be home AGAIN this comming weekend and will plan on pouring for the hearth!
              Photos will be posted soon.......I hope.

Comment

Ok!!! Four weekends in a row I've been able to come home. Got the hearth poured out today!! Thank God for my son and his friend Branden.

Now can anyone tell me how to post my photos?

Comment

[QUOTE=gdest;87524]Ok!!! Four weekends in a row I've been able to come home. Got the hearth poured out today!! Thank God for my son and his friend Branden.

Now can anyone tell me how to post my photos?[/QUOTE]

Comment

I think I am doing something wrong with trying to post these photos!!

Comment

Re: Still posting photos

There has to be an easier way

Comment

Don't pay attention to the dates. My wife never re-set the camera after changing the battery

Comment

I hope you all can see these photos

Comment

I will have more photos in a few days/weeks/months? whenever I download them from my wife's computer onto my hard drive. I hope you all like what you see so far.

By the way I was contacted by Doug, also located in The Woodlands and he came by to see what I was doing and he gave me a 6" dia. clay pipe for my chimmey. My oven is a 42" oven, is 6" to small?

Comment

I think everyone has stopped reading this thread. I believe this since you all have been very helpful for any and all questions and I haven't heard a response to my question on the chimney size.

I will check this and if no response I guess I will have to start a new thread

Comment

No need for a new thread, your post puts it back on the "new post" page. In internet forum lingo this is called "bumping" the thread (back up to the top of the list).

Someone will answer you. I put an 8" on a 36" and it has worked great, so take that as you will. I have no direct experience with 42" ovens.

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
                                Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

Working...
                                X