One small step for Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One small step for Pizza

Well I am back in KSA and what a whirl wind trip this was. To give an update:

With the help of my son we were able to insulate the oven and get a coat of stucco over it! It was now ready to cook!

On Friday because of all of the out of town guest attending my son's wedding, we had the rehearsal dinner at my house for about 40 people. Cooked 2 briskets, 6 chickens, sausages, stuffed Jalapenos, salads, cowboy baked beans etc..

Was asked by one guest why am I not makeing pizza's....now I only have to cook for 39 people.

On Sunday after the wedding, I was able to cook some pizza's. They were good but I think I need to work on my technique a bit more. I also have to fire up the oven for a longer period of time AND use smaller fire wood.

Photos will follow once my wife sends me some.

Finishing stucco will be applied during my next R&R

Gary

Comment

Well its been awhile and now I am truly embarrassed about the progress I have made since the wedding in October. Here is what has been going on.

1. October my son got married and I was able to cook some pizza's the day after the wedding. I have to work on my technique but the pizza were good.

2. Christmas R&R no more work on the oven

3. Feb/March R&R spent the first week in Customer and Subcontract meetings. 2nd week had to devote time for taxes. NO WORK ON THE OVEN!

4. June/July R&R Spent the 1st week in Dominican Republic for my neice's wedding. 2nd week tried to baby my back after all of the plane travel.
      4a. Requested quotes from some contractors to build onto existing pool patio and build a table for pizza prep..
      4b. Reviewed some of the bids and decided to build myself ....after the oven gets done.

5. Back in KSA ....

Well there is always September to look forward to

Gary

Comment

Well I am sorry to say that although I have a working pizza oven, I have not been able to get home often enough to put on the finishing touches. So as a result I decided to bite the bullet and contract out some of the finishing work.
        Here are some pics showing the progress

Comment

I did insist with the project manager on this build (aka the wife) that I am going to finish off the stucco of the oven myself!!! However I again was out voted.
          For all you WFO wannabe builders. Take a lesson from me. If you can only get home once every 3 or so months DON'T start this project as a self build.

I do want to mention to all of you who have just joined the people here are the greatest and will give you very good information and encourgement.

Gary

P.S. I am posting this from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)

Comment

Now the oven is done, now I need to build a pegoda. Next years project

Gary

Comment

Nice build, what type of veneer is covering your base?

I found the same thing, went with smaller wood to get it going, also I didnt have really seasoned and dry wood, once I got that it was roaring
              Last edited by irelande5; 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM.
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...s-i-18098.html

Comment

The facing is flagstone and the counter tops are granite.

Gary

Comment

Here are some pics of the 1st offical pizza party. It was slightly raining that day and I had to erect a temporary tent over the table. Made about 9 pizzas and did some stuffed Jalape?o's

Gary
                  Last edited by gdest; 11-05-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gdest View Post
                    It was slightly raining that day and I had to erect a temporary tent over the table.
                    You are on a slippery slope my friend, like me it will be just an oven Hun' then comes the deck, the roof, the outdoor fireplace.......shreeeeak , where does it all end......?

But its all fun.....
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

• Well its be awhile since I posted, Looking at the time date its been 4 years!!! WOW. Was just looking around and found this thread I started. Now to give some hopefully good news, Instead of pizza for the 4th of July, I am going to attempt to cook a whole pig in the old pizza oven. Hopefully I will be able to get one around 30lbs if any bigger it might not fit. I will be posting some photos after the party.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X