New Oven Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Oven Plans

I am just getting started on the planning stages for a new oven. I would like to use either the Casa90 or 110 to build an oven near my outdoor kitchen. My first hurdle is going to be placement of the oven. I would like to keep it accessible and have it flow with the rest of the area. I am including a few pics to show everyone what I have to work with. It's a bit messy right now but it should give the general idea of the layout. As you will see in the pics, the ideal location (just past the pavers adjacent to the bar on the island) was killed when I built my pergolla over the kitchen as there is a post there now. I can't really think of any other locations that it will fit, be easy to get to and look good. I thought of building a corner unit kind of behind the hot tub but there is just not enough room between the hot tub and the grass. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can place it? I should note that we do have five acres so I will ultimately have a place for it, I was just hoping to be able to incorporate it into the existing kitchen/entertainment area.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: New Oven Plans

Matt,

Not being there and understanding the full scope of the issue. I would put it at the end of your concrete in pic 3. Yes, it would be separated from your BBQ, but there is no harm in that. It would look pretty cool to walk out the door and see your oven first thing. That was the approach I took and I glad I did.

Les..
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Matt,

I agree with Les, although I think what he is seeing as a slab is really a wooden deck. Also, there are times (like when you are firing for a bread bake) when you will have to remove the fire from your WFO and having the firepit right next to it will be handy as a place to put the fire.

Hope this helps,
      Wiley

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. That probably is the best place as I just don't see anywhere else it would work well. The kids wanted to hot tub tonight so while I was watching them I was trying to look at my placement options. Every time I thought I had a great location a problem crept up. Putting it at the end of the deck will force me to re-work the sprinkler system and will also block our view of our back yard a bit, but all-in-all it would probably be the best option. I just don't like it extending so far out into the yard. Good call on the firepit wiley, except unfortunately it is gas only - not that you could have known from the picture.

I've got a few other locations I am looking at but they are heavily dependant on how my wife feels about them and how much work I really want to put into this - several of the locations would require the chimney to go through a ceiling and out our patio roof. If anyone else has any ideas keep them coming.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Since you seem to have a lot of space how about a separate foundation for the oven just outside of that area?
          George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Matt - Try using google sketch (available as free down load). It has a pretty short learning curve and you can download a satellite photo of your property. You can add a layer over the photo and trace out your buildings, etc. to take them to 3D. Well worth the planning time I'm going through right now. I thought I was ready to start until the bad weather slowed me down and I started playing with this program. I haven't figured out how to add pics here yet but if you check my kitchen pavilion project at the address below.
            Scott -

My projects: http://www.facebook.com/#!/scott.kerr.794

Comment

Working...
            X