2G Module Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2G Module Question

As the rains have been allowing, We're finally up to the hearth pour. We picked up our Casa 2G in Marina and it's patiently waiting for its deck. I noticed a thin crack in one of the modules and am wondering if it will be a problem. I've gotten yes's and no's from our local "experts" including a recommendation of high temp epoxy. Any Ideas?

Re: 2G Module Question

Hey MFarruggio,

That is just an impression on the outside of the cast form. It does not go through into the dome and you will never know it's there. If you would like, you can pack some of the installation FB mortar over the spot -- but you are good to go!

Make sure you follow the curing instructions. :-)

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks James! There's a load off. I felt pretty sure it was fine.

Got the Casa Modular info and will follow to the letter. You guys are great!

Matt

Comment

Hi James,

Excitement mounts here! The hearth is cured and finally ready for the Oven. (Photo attached) I was told to mortar the insulating board to the hearth which it is. I noticed it doesn't seem to be in the FTP install doc. My bag of supplied high heat mortar is now less than half of its original weight. (less than 1/4 bag) I'm feeling I'll need more to seal the modules to make the oven. What do you think? If so, can I pick up less than a bag from you at the shop? If not, no problem, family and friends are salivating and I'll get a bag. Must move on...

Thanks!

Comment

If you can come down and pick up extra mortar, that seems like a good idea. You will want to make sure you have enough mortar to do a good job of sealing all the joints.

Send at email to info at fornobravo.com and we can take care of you!
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks again for the mortar James.

It's up on the deck and ready. There is some seam gapping even though the module pieces are tight to the flooring. I'm figuring it's ok to pack mortar into that area as I seal the seams.

So excellent that FB is so healthy. What are those job openings?

Matt

Comment

Matt -- Good to see you again. I really like you cast oven stand and counters. That's going to look great.

Exactly. The dome pieces always line up tightly on the inside (where it counts) and you can pack mortar to make a nice thick band on the outside joints.

We're always looking for talented masons. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X