Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Pizza Oven Pr...

Had I to do over again, I would dry stack the block. My father in law and I are not masons by any stretch of the imagination.

Shooting for July 4th for first firing. Not sure if it's going to happen or not.

aa

Re: Casa 2G 90 Build in KY

Looking good! Not being a mason either, I'm a big believer in dry stacking CMU blocks. :-)
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks James, believe me I am too now.

I do have one question, I'm fairly certain it's not an issue, but will leaving the dome pieces outside for a month or so covered with a tarp cause any issues? Everything else is inside my shop, I just didn't want to move them any more than I had to.

Thanks,
      aa

Comment

Hey aa,

Yes, you can store the dome outside under a tarp. It would be good for it to not get wet -- but it wouldn't be terrible. Better to not move it around too much.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Nice stand AA. And nice photo history - you'll enjoy those long after your oven is finished.

I think pizza's on July 4th is totally doable - that's one of the beautys of these modular ovens.

But there is cooking in a fully insulated oven and cooking in a fully finished oven..... Please share your ideas on how you plan to finish it off.

Christo
          My oven progress -
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice James. Luckily we had a 200+ year flood the week before I ordered the oven so I think we're rained out for a while.

Thanks Christo, once the hearth gets poured I'm sure it will all just fall into place. Too bad I'm going to be out of town 3 weekends in June.

As for the final product, I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm 70-30 leaning towards igloo right now over a walled enclosure.

aa

Comment

Working...
            X