cracks in the exterior of my toscana oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracks in the exterior of my toscana oven

i hav a toscana oven that has developed cracks along the bottom of the oven on both sides. enclosed are pics does anyone have a suggestion on the repair needed?also does it look like it may become an issue in the future?

Re: cracks in the exterior of my toscana oven

Hi Zaman,

We are talking with our production guys and will get back to you. This is the first time we've seen something like this.

We'll get right back to you.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hey Zaman,

We can't think of anything other than the oven might have been set down hard once. Still, it will be fine. We can send you a little patch it and it won't ever be an issue.

You will be getting an email from our support folks shortly, and we will send the kit right out.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I think you should Dig it out about one inch wide and 1 inch deep or to the insulation and then use poormans mortar and fill it all in...... then us a Stucco like Dryvit or STO and coat the whole oven with 2 coats....

This should make it new looking again and stop the cracking

Comment

thanks for the suggestions. forno bravo is sending material and instruction for the repair. do you think using it till the repair shows up will make it worse ??

Comment

I dont think so.....does smoke come out of the crack? can you see the crack inside?

Comment

the crack is way below the floor height.there is no smoke comming out of them.

Comment

I know you are good to go and can cook in it ...it seems you cracked the outer shell some how...... Just wait for the stuff James is going to send you and fix it....I would recommend putting STO or Dryvit on the outter shell....first you can pick what ever color you want and 2nd it will smooth out the crack and last but not least it will water proof it better

Comment

One quick note. This is a hairline crack in the stucco enclosure (not the oven itself).
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

yes, it doesn't seem like it would hamper the oven. i don't want moisture to seep in. the repair kit will take care of it I'm sure .

Comment

Working...
                    X