casa 100 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casa 100 install

anybody out there with answers to a couple of super isol questions.

1. do i cut the board to fit under the cooking floor, and how should it be configured ?

2. how do i secure the cooking floor to the super isol board ?

Thanks in advance
    tommy

tommy - the answer lies within.

Q2b: Secure Super Isol to the hearth
    You can go to Pizza Oven Installation under the sub group
    Getting Started and find the sticky for Super Isol

or you could just hit this link

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/show...ght=super+isol

Q2a: Secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol
    You do not want to "glue" or adhere the cooking surface (fire brick or the Forno Bravo models) to the Super Isol or any insulating layer. You do want your cooking surface to be able to expand and contract. The Super Isol and the cooking floor do not expand at the same rate thus you need to have the interface of these items to be able to slip. The common mixture to setting the cooking floor is to use a mix of fire clay and sand (no cement) mixed with water. Consistancy close to peanut butter or a thick cake frosting.

Q1: You can either cut the board to fit under the cooking floor and dome perimeter or you can let it extend beyond. One thing you will do is insulate the structure so having the Super Isol extend beyond the perimter is ok. Note that Super Isol will absorb water so your final structure protecting the oven must fully protect the Super Isol from moisture. You do not want the edges of the super isol to be exposed to the elements
    Last edited by jengineer; 10-17-2006, 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling and missing letters

Comment

Hi Tommy,

I am pinging other Casa/Super Isol installers for any further practical hints, beyond what has been posted before. I will get back to you if I learn anything different from what is already here.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

[QUOTE=jengineer]tommy - the answer lies within.

Q2a: Secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol
        You do not want to "glue" or adhere the cooking surface (fire brick or the Forno Bravo models) to the Super Isol or any insulating layer. You do want your cooking surface to be able to expand and contract. The Super Isol and the cooking floor do not expand at the same rate thus you need to have the interface of these items to be able to slip. The common mixture to setting the cooking floor is to use a mix of fire clay and sand (no cement) mixed with water. Consistancy close to peanut butter or a thick cake frosting.

Would it not also be okay to secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol with refractory mortar? That is my plan and was hoping that would be okay. Please let me know otherwise.

Comment

Working...
        X