Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack in the dome

Hi,

I have been looking for the related threads for the crack in the dome of my newly build oven, it's Casa2G80. It seems the crack is not too much a big deal according to what I understand, but just to ensure my oven is really fine, or not fine, if anyone can look at the pictures attached and let me know what should I do about it, that is very appreciated.

I had done the curing process and started to heat up the oven to 700 2 days ago, but last night I notice there is a line of crack appears on the back of the oven around the curve up area, horizontally straight to the back seam about 8".

Is this crack common? Will it get worse? Should I try to fix it?

Thanks for you help, and Good Day.

myg80oven

Re: crack in the dome

Hi All,
    My name is Amanda and I am the tech/post sales support contact here at Forno Bravo. I have answered this post in a private message, however I wanted to address this so everyone can understand the cracking. The pictures show a hairline crack that (while rare) won't be a problem. He can keep using and enjoying his oven.

Thank You,
    Amanda Shugart

Comment

As the top of the oven gets way hotter than the base for each firing there is considerable stress on large casts, particularly when the temp gets ramped up from ambient so fast. Industrial furnace builders tend to predict where the cracks will occur then create joins in those places. Because your oven is a dome it will not fall apart, you'll most likely have many many years of good service even though the crack will remain.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I am from India, and I recently completed by Pompeii oven. Over the refractory bricks, I applied a coat of fire clay and then wrapped glass wool insulation. I applied a second coat of fire clay on the glass wool and left it overnight to dry. However next day the the dome was all cracked up. Plz help.

Comment

Working...
        X