Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB Mortar- Received 2 Bags???

Hello,

I opened the top of bag and didn't realize that there were 2 bags of mortar. One was light colored, the other darker. I just used the one on top (lighter colored) because I did not see the bottom one. My dad decided to put more mortar later that day because he felt there wasnt enough, but used the darker colored one.

But now I realize that the 2 must be mixed?

The FB Casa 2g instructions did not state to mix anything so I did not think of it, but going through pages of searches it seems that the FB mortar is supposed to be pre-mixed.

So how much do I mix them together?

Also, the instructions does not state what consistency the mortar should be.

Is it still ok to scrap all the mortar that has already been applied on the oven?

(On a side note, I think the FB instruction manual should be revised with more hints and information that can be found on the forum. Its great that we have this forum, but people should not be required to go here for necessary information)

Re: FB Mortar- Received 2 Bags???

Directions for Mixing Refractory Mortar
    (FB Mortar) – Casa2G, Giardino, Premio2G, and Modena oven installations

Your oven comes with enough refractory mortar to complete the installation of your oven.

This refractory mortar comes in two separate bags. Each bag contains a separate powder which when mixed together will make the refractory mortar.

To begin the preparation of the refractory mortar mix both powders together and add water in small amounts until mixture is the consistency of peanut butter.

You will only want to mix what you will use as this mortar cannot be re-hydrated after it dries.

The ratio for mixing smaller batches of refractory mortar is one to one for the powders and enough water to make the consistency of peanut butter.

If you have any questions please feel free to call Amanda, our Technical Support Liaison, at 800-407-5119 extension 14.

Comment

Working...
    X