X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Fermentor
    replied
    Re: Placing a P70 on a stand

I purchased mine from a local distributor.

I have an F-150, and I placed cinder blocks and 2 x 4's in the bed (@ the tailgate), hoping that the height would match my base, and I could slide the beast off the bed and on to the base with 5 guys and carrying it like a Pharoah.

We uncrated it at the distributor, and he lifted it on the bed with a fork lift.

With the weight of the oven, my truck bed sank around 3 inches lower than the oven base. That doesn't sound like a big deal until you try and lift the thing. It was all we could do to raise the oven onto the upper slab and slide it into place. A crowbar helps to lift and rotate/position it once resting atop the upper slab.

Don't underestimate the weight of the beast. It is all 5 adult males can handle to lift and place.

And the bottom of the oven will chip appreciably. Order your free patch/repair kit today. You will need it.

Leave a comment:

• fornographer
    replied

Hi Whodatoven, how did you end up setting up the P70?

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

Yes, I was a tad giddy. It's the one part of the video I'd like to mute out. But, ya gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Leave a comment:

• whodatoven
    replied

Tman,

yeah, i think using wooden shims should work as long as I do it in steps. In a closer look, the oven is actually sitting on top of a piece of styrofoam. That should allow insertion of shims easier. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, by the way, I love your 4-h oven build, very cool. I could relate the excitement shown in the video..

Leave a comment:

• Tman1
    replied

I would think you could use some thick wooden shims. Get one started, then use another one under the first so that the first isn't moving as much to minimize possible damage.

Leave a comment:

• whodatoven
    started a topic Placing a P70 on a stand

Placing a P70 on a stand

Hi everyone,

I have a quick stupid question. I bought a Primavera 70 oven which is now sitting in my backyard on top of a pallet. I plan to put it on the stand using a engine lift, just as shown in the link below:

PRIMAVER INSTALL PHOTOS

My question is how do you put the straps under the oven as shown in the picture? I can use a crowbar to lift one side of the oven off the pallet and slip in the straps but I'm afraid that might damage the oven. The P70 does not have a metal rim like the P60.

Thanks for your help,
Working...
X