double bagged refractory cement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double bagged refractory cement?

I had to purchase some more refractory cement to finish my dome, and new cement came in an unmarked bag. I started using it (it was pink colored), and after I had used about half of it I found that there was another bag of cement inside the first one, and this cement was a dark gray color!

What's the difference between the two cements, and what am I supposed to do with them? Mix them together? Does the gray stuff go on the outside of the dome and is the pink stuff for cementing the bricks together?

Someone out there must know the answers to these questions!

Thanks,

Kerry

Re: double bagged refractory cement?

Too little info. Where did you buy it? Was there a brand name on the inner bag?
    A good place to ask all your questions is with the retailer. If it was Forno Bravo, you need to call or email their customer service. They try to keep up with the posts on the forum but it is very difficult if a problem or question is not sent directly to them.

RT

Comment

Not being a premixed expert Id say that the smaller bag was to be mixed with the larger bag to make a good mix.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The dark cement was most likely Cement Fondue as an additive for the other goop.

Comment

Hello brntnrtn1,

In our previous packaging for FB Mortar, we provided the cement and aggregate in separate bags, and they should have been mixed. Please contact me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14, so we can work out the best way of moving forward.

Heidi

Comment

Thank you Forno Bravo for solving this problem for me. Now I can finish the oven!!!

Kerry

Comment

Hi Kerry,

You're welcome, anytime.

Heidi

Comment

Working...
              X