Bottom of oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom of oven

How hot or warm can I expect the bottom of the oven when there is 2" of FB board. Enough to burn something or someone that happens to put there hand under it? Reason I'm asking is because I'm building a wood platform that will
    Have a layer of 1/2" non combustible glass roc board covering 1/2" plywood and 2x4 cross pieces. Would the heat be enough to burn the wood?

Re: Bottom of oven

Oh, the oven I'm talking about will be the giardino70

Comment

Why don't you contact FB directly? I would imagine that the oven floor would be insulated sufficiently to prevent burning your wood. Perhaps you could use a different (non combustible ) material for the platform. I recently saw an oven that had two layers of 2" clay pagers for a floor sitting on roofing iron, but no insulation under it. The timber beam supporting the oven was badly charred and partly burnt away. I couldn't see a way to fix it. I think it is a demolition solution and start again.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hello,

You should not use wood anywhere in the stand. It can sag and warp and you should not use anything combustible. Concrete is easy and inexpensive, or you can have a metal stand fabricated.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
        Heidi FB

Comment

Working...
        X