First Meal in WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Meal in WFO

Almost done. This project took on a live of it's own. I wanted a WFO, she wanted a fireplace. 12 weeks later we have both plus a water feature, a Loggia (fancy name for pergola) and a wrecked yard. But the oven only lacks one more brown coat and the stucco and last night we cooked our first meal (Copper River Salmon) and it was fantastic. Hope to attempt my first pizza soon. I'm working on a sour dough culture so as soon as that is ready I will be practicing my dough making technique. Below is a link to my build sequence photos. Got carried away with the picture taking.

I was concerned about several cracks that developed during curing but all is well. Fired it Monday morning at 7:30. At 9 the dome was clear and near 800 degrees. Put the door on and at 5 pm the temp was 350 so I put my Salmon on a cedar plank and slid her in. It was done in about 30 min. At 10:30 the temp was just under 300 and the next morning at 6:30 it was still 200.

Phil

https://picasaweb.google.com/1054129...ue&feat=email#
    Last edited by PlanoPhil; 05-31-2011, 06:31 PM.

Re: First Meal in WFO

I wanna see!!

Can't open the folder. Says "No Public File"

Looking forward to seeing the pics.
    CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Duh! Sorry about that. Try again. It should be public now.

Comment

what a cracker of a backer . wish my wife and life wood let me do something even close to that . its a hole new room to your house . i wood never be in side again even sleep there . if i told her that she might let me build it.. great job .., best of luck with it all...

Comment

Jon
          Not sure what a "cracker of a backer" means but I'll take it as a complement. Thanks and have a pint of that great beer you have across the pond for me and I'll eat a pizza for you.

Phil

Comment

UN Freakin' Believable!!!!.........Really Nice Job!.......

care to share what a project like that costs?

That's my dream outdoor kitchen!!......

Comment

hi phill .. cracker is very nice looking .and backer is back garden., and yes. i do enjoy a pint of the black stuff .its a pity it dose not travel ., and also i like a pizza . but only able to make them in my home indoor oven .. well for now that is . hop to have an WFO this summer if the gods of fire allow .

Comment

Working...
              X