Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detailed build pics Casa2g90?

Hello all...
    I'm delving into the 2g90, trying to understand all the build steps before I lobby my wife some more

I've read through FB's installation guide, and while nice with pics etc, I find I have a lot of questions still. Can someone point me to any threads on this forum that document their 2g build in detail, e.g. lots of pictures?

thanks for any info, I'm excited to start getting it all together!

Ben
    ps: can I save shipping with local pickup (Marina not too far from here), anyone heard?

Re: detailed build pics Casa2g90?

Helooo...

no one?

Comment

ya, you can save a ton of cash. I ordered a g2100, live in florida and paid 1000 bucks for delivery. Of which UPS freight bent a modular frame 2 seperate times, which pushed my project back a month. Great idea to pick it up yourself my friend

Comment

The information you get with the purchase get's you in the ballpark. What I really dig about my project is the creativity. You really get the opprotunity to let the mind juice flow. As I work through my build, it simply evolves, changes from my origional design and always suprises me on my abilities to design and change as I go. Just stay with FB's foundation instructions. Read them several times and get comfortable with them before starting. It can turn into a money pit, so think in through and be creative. Your options are wide and expancive. Have fun my friend, you'll love the opprotunity and satisfaction it provides

Comment

thanks... actually my oven is done, but not fully finished (aesthetically), I've fired it about 5 times, after the curing cycle. It needs finish layer of stucco and a landing and eventually probably some porcelain tile vs mosaic. Its working great! It gets up to heat in about 50-70minutes, with the dome at 900 or so. I'm learning how to make pizza now... really I should be doing it daily for a while to get my chops, but my wife rebels a bit even weekly. No biggie, lots of fun.

Now, when I get on my other computer I can show my build pics!

Ben

Comment

Ben,

Nice to hear your almost done. you actually are right at the same place as I. I Have to do my last layer of stucco over the whole oven. I have quite a bit of deco stone veneer work to do on the stand and some other stone work to finish it all up. It's part of a much larger patio project. I have not cured the oven as of yet. I think I will start that tomorrow. Any tips to share? Have you gotten any cracks from the curing? I'm a Pastry Chef of 26 years. actually lived in San Francisco for 18 years. So i'm very familar with your neck of the woods. I taught wood fired oven bread classes for a company not far from FB, Mugnaini, many years back. Bread is a big passion of mine. If I can share any tips, just shake my cage. Would love to see some pictures of your build. I am putting together an album myself that i will post it soon.

Be well Ben!

-Kurtis

Comment

Working...
            X