X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Premio2G floor problems

Originally posted by rushhour View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I recently purchased a Premio2G100 and after everything went together, there is a gap of up to an inch between the rear of the floor pieces and the dome. The front pieces fit perfect. I have read a few comments about ash filling in gaps but these seem to be major. Should they be filled in with something or do I need new rear floor pieces?

thanks for any help
    The oven is designed to allow a gap between the side wall of the floor and the interior dome. That gap should never be filled in with mortar or sairset, but you can fill it with sand (this also helps with heat transference). The Front landing in front of the interior door from the door jamb forward, you can use mortar to fill in the seam on the side wall. The temperature is lower and the floor can expand backwards.

Comment

Re: Premio2G floor problems

Originally posted by DrGamete View Post
      I just placed my Casa2 G110 floor and dome, I measured the gap between the floor tiles and dome and its seems extremely excessive. I have at least a 1/2" and in some areas over a 5/8" gap around the perimeter.

Is this consistent with what everyone is finding? I can understand a tolerance of even out to an 1/8", but a 1/2" or more just seems excessive.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e4xc5y28t...HQfKxQ9ma?dl=0
      Optimally, we want to allow for 1/2" gap with + / - 1/8" tolerance in manufacturing. This allows for thermal expansion and contraction.

The dome and floor are hand cast / cut, we do not use a water jet or similar process for tight tolerances. Each dome piece can be laid to fit tight or loose by the installer which could "reduce" the gap, so we prefer to leave a little extra gap to account for "accumulated tolerance" in the install process such as floor / dome expansion contraction, if the installer sets the dome pieces too tight (1/16 to 1/2 inch is acceptable, 1/4" ideal).

The floor gap should never be filled in with mortar or sairset, but you can fill it with sand (this also helps with heat transference). The Front landing in front of the interior door from the door jamb forward, you can use mortar to fill in the seam on the side wall. The temperature is lower and the floor can expand backwards.

Comment

Working...
      X