I decided to build it different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to build it different

on a recent trip to Italy I spoted a Hardware store that sold Pizza Ovens and had to have one. I was getting ready to put in an outdoor kitchen and thought this would be a great addition. The best food I ate in Italy came from wood fired ovens.
    When it came time to build it I was amazed at the complicated building instructions I was finding around the internet as well as with my oven ( a Cametti Bertini) I decided not to follow any of them and to build a steel frame on castering extra heavy duty wheels, cover it in Hardy Backer, insulate with kiln style material ( spun ceramic boards for under the oven two 2" spun ceramic blankets over the oven shell totaling 4" and fill the cavity with vermiculite) then cover it all in natural stone and porcelain tile and keep the whole thing light enough to roll on the heavy duty casters. It's all done now, I have photos posted up the point of the roof tiles ready to be installed. I put those on today and stained the wood trim. burning the small break in fire now. It took 4 full weekends and a couple of extra weekdays to complete. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/piomik...9vkwCBbBI.DCgi
    Click this address for start to finish photos and take a look, let me know what you think. I'll post the final pictures in the next day or so.
    Last edited by piomike; 04-01-2005, 10:42 AM. Reason: bad link to pictures

way to go

very nice job. where did you get the handpainted tiles you used on the landing?
    my site for our pompeii and tandoor ovens
    www.killdawabbit.com

Comment

Tiles

I bought the tile at Lowes, including the hand painted ones. The slate was home depot.

Comment

Steel frame

does anyone have any or know of any simular style ovens with a steel frame and some what portable? How about the spun ceramic board under the oven?(you can see it in the pics). I could not find anything on that anywhere. I did find a supplier in southern California that sells small quantity refractory insulation. E-mail me if anyone would like to have the info.

Comment

Working...
        X