Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven on metal rollers

Michael,

I have always been interested in putting an oven on metal rollers. How does the weight distribution feel? Not tippy?

Do you move it to vairous places in your garden, or have plans to take it with you for tailgating at Candlestick? :-)

I have heard from other folks intersted in doing something similar, so let us know how it went and how you think it came out. It looks great.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Wheels

I used wheels rated @ 350 LBS each they are cast iron covered with solid rubber on ball bearings. I kept them out as far as possible to prevent tipping. the two front swivel the rear are fixed. I would keep all swiveling if I were to do it again. It rolls fine on a smooth surface even over things like extention cords. Never a threat of tipping. It would be a bear to load in a truck and take to the park though.
    I keep it in one spot now that I have it in place. I put it on wheels at first so I could work on it away from my outdoor kitchen constuction that is going on at the same time. this worked great. The wheels are bolted on and the intention was to remove them when it was complete, but, I decided they worked so well I'd just leave them on. I bought the wheels at Harbor Freight

Comment

Working...
    X