Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stucco on my 2G90, and then a roof later on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stucco on my 2G90, and then a roof later on?

I'm in the process of putting together my Casa2G90, and I haven't quite made up my mind what the final enclosure is going to look like. If I decide to go with a stucco finish, and then change my mind later and decide to enclose it using metal studs and a roof- is that going to cause problems?

Thanks!

Re: Stucco on my 2G90, and then a roof later on?

It shouldn't, as long as you have enough room in the slab to accommodate that.

Comment

Remember that stucco's are at best "water resistant" not "water proof".

Since you are in Everett, Washington, I would plan to tarp it during the rainy season.

Comment

That's a good point about the stucco- maybe I'll go with a roofed enclosure from the start. I still have a couple more months of dry season left thankfully!

Comment

The stucco should cause no problems with building an enclosure around the oven later and roofing it. I am going to do that for I find I get a wet slab during wet periods. Keeping water OFF of the oven is the simplest solution. You can waterproof the stucco or paint it to help but... I doubt that in Everett you can keep it dry unless you put a roof over it!

Comment

You can also think about finishing it in some kind of stone? but I think Stucco will work just great. During those times of wet weather you can do a mini cure and burn up some of the moisture that may surface inside the oven. Good Luck and have fun!!

Maria =-)

Comment

Working...
            X