Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Problem

Hi all,

Installed my casa 2g80 and their is about a 1/2 inch gap on each side at the top. Been in contact with Forno Bravo for weeks and now they claim it is the correct door but that I didn't use enough sand under the tiles. Well it is too late to add sand without destroying and replacing the tiles. I also followed installation instructions exactly and there is no way I was 1/2 inch off on the amount.

Any ideas to seal the door and if another casa 80 owner could give me the measurements of their door so I can check it?

Unfortunately I don't trust FB on this because they initially sent me a oven without a chiminey, then claimed they shipped me a new door and it had been delivered, except the package they cited was the brick arch I ordered. Now it's the right door?

any help on sealing the door if it is the right one would be appreciated.

Re: Door Problem

Hi Dan,
    We do apologize for the confusion regarding your door. We know one of our tech support reps have been in contact with you and has worked on your issues. Please note that it is very important to add sand under your cooking floor or it will be unleveled. If you are still missing any items, please contact us immediately and we will be more than happy to help you in anyway we can. We want all of our customers to have an enjoyable experience with Forno Bravo and will do whatever possible to make sure customers are satisfied.

Thank you.

Comment

That doesn't help me at all. I used my notched trowel of the size and depth specified in the installation instructions and leveled the fire brick. My door opening is 10 1/8 inches high. It is listed on your website as 10 x 17. My gap is about 1/2 inch.

How about somebody from FB give me the proper dimensions of the door. I will compare so if it is the right door, I can try to find another solution. That should be the first step if somebody thinks they have the wrong door.

If I have the right door, the installation instructions need to be improved in that regard.

Comment

That door does not seem to be wide enough for the opening either. It appears to be the wrong shape.
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

If FB cant resolve the problem....

if you have a hand-grinder, you could get a piece of angle iron from the hardware (1.5-2") and attach to bottom of door using screws. (see pic I attached) This will raise your door off the bottom. Then you can use the grinder to re-shape the top arch to fit your oven.

Good Luck!

Comment

Good suggestion Jeepiper, and I agree Deejayoh, it does appear to be the wrong shape and it isn't quite wide enough. If it is the right door, it isn't fitted as well as I would expect from standardized production.

Comment

Hi Dan,
              We are currently working on your door and will resolve this matter as soon as possible. Please stand by. Our sales representative has been in contact with you via email and will be in touch. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions or requests.
              Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Comment

Hi Daniel,
                My name is Byron and I am the office manager here at Forno Bravo. I have tried to call a few times to get this situation taken care of but always seem to get your answering machine. Could you please call me at 831-384-6488 so we can get this situation resolved once and for all? Our hours are 8 am to 430 pm Monday through Friday.
                Thank you

Best,
                Byron Bland
                Office Manager
                Forno Bravo

Comment

Dan - I'm going to jump in here on the side of FB. If there is a problem they obviously want to correct it. If your door was that far out of whack, you could probably send them a paper template and they will cut one to fit. I would not modify the one they sent.
                  Last edited by Les; 09-21-2012, 04:51 PM.
                  Check out my pictures here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Hi Dan,
                    This is Byron again. Thank you for calling me and allowing me to get this situation taken care of. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope you will contact me personally if by chance any more problems arise.

Best,
                    Byron

Comment

Problem resolved.

I was sent a door that slipped through quality control. Too small all around. Thanks for the help. Feel better now that I know I didn't mess up the install. Next post should be burnt sourdough!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanPoz View Post
                        . Next post should be burnt sourdough!!!!
                        Absolutely! Save the pizza
                        Check out my pictures here:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X