Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Primavera 60 to concrete stand

Hi everyone,

I bought a Primavera 60 with metal stand, but then changed my mind and decided to set it on a more permanent concrete base instead. My question is this: the oven came set in a metal ring that is supposed to be bolted on the stand; can the oven be removed from this ring or is the ring embedded in the oven itself? I lifted the oven and placed it (with the ring) on blocks over the week-end to peek underneath, and it looks like the ring consists of the metal circle and 4 or 5 "radial" beams.
    Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone been able to pry it out of the stand and how?
    Thanks!

Re: Converting Primavera 60 to concrete stand

If you really want to get rid of the ring, use a grinding wheel with a metal cutting disk. You could have it off in a minute.

Comment

Sounds like a quick and easy way, but I was hoping to be able to reuse the stand as a prep table and wood storage area, so maybe as last resort. I was thinking of pouring some concrete inside the ring to form a prep surface (provided it is food safe). I found the following picture of a Primavera stand:

Click image for larger version

Name:	metalstand.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	292512

Looks like once the oven is on blocks, I could remove the bottom layer of insulating foam, put some 2x4 between the metal beams and lower the oven down on the 2x4. Then simply push the ring down to separate...
      Does that make sense?

Comment

Just make sure you have some strong friends around to help.

Once on the new slab, to center it, a crow bar proves very helpful. You'll chip up the bottom a bit, but FB has repair kits with patch and paint. Cheap, or free. You can also do it yourself.

Here's an old pic of my 70 prior to tiling the base. If you are planning on constructing something similar, I would recommend an overhang above the wood storage door. Even though I have a door on mine, water gets inside. My spring project will be to find a way to fix that issue.

Comment

Looks good Fermentor.

I spent my entire Saturday trying to get the oven out of the ring. Mission impossible... It looks like the P60 is a different beast from the P70. At least the stand is.
          First, I placed the P70 on blocks placed between the rafters and weighted the ring down. Did not budge. I used a hammer to try to dislodge it. Did not move. Finally resorted to using the grinder. I made a couple of cuts at first and still no movement. Then I resorted to cutting out a small 5" portion of the ring and realized why. First the oven is placed on a metal sheet and that sheet is welded to the ring. Second, there are screws welded to the ring all around the perimeter and these screws are embedded in the stucco/concrete base. Taking the ring off basically means destroying the base of the oven, which I am not prepared to do. So I am planning to keep the ring in place (less the segments I cut out...) and prop it up on the stand using 1.5" garden stones between the rafters.
          So the moral of the story is: the P60 with metal stand is not a good choice if you are not going to be using the metal stand...
          Cheers!

Comment

And here are some pics showing how the Primavera 60 was moved to its final destination without ever being lifted or carried, using a four wheel dolly and a series of ramps:

Name:	IMG_0474.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	292894

Name:	IMG_0475.jpg
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	292895

And here is the result:

Name:	IMG_3104.jpg
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	292896

Cheers!

Comment

Can you reach over that wall to the door, or do you stoop in front of the oven? Looks uncomfortable and problematic to me. Maybe to photo angle is off.

Comment

The second picture gives an idea of the height of the oven with respect to the wall. In fact, the oven would have sat lower than this if I had been able to remove the metal ring. Either way, it's no problem, specially given the length of the pizza peel.
                Now if only I could find a way to reliably start a fire while minimizing the smoke...

Comment

Working...
                X