Miscellaneous Artigiano Construction Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Artigiano Construction Questions

Hello, purchased an Artigiano100 last week, and have gone through these forums for some time. I'm hoping someone can clarifiy a few issues I have:

1. My oven will be assembled as part of an outdoor kitchen. The rest of the kitchen will be built of wall stone from a paving company. My mason is planning on using the wall stone(cut in half to 4" in depth) to provide the wall surrounding my oven to build a stone house. He assures me he can make it waterproof. I've spent hours going through forum pix, yet cannot find a single oven that seems to be assembled from wall stone. All stone houses seem to be cultured stone(presumably on backer board or cinder block base). Do you think this is feasible, or am I missing something?
    2. As such, my vent will rest on bricks, and not attached to metal studs. Can any stone be utilized for the bricks under the vent? Is there a specific requirement given the heat they will be exposed to?
    Thanks in advance, John

Re: Miscellaneous Artigiano Construction Questions

There have been many builds using stone. Just insulate from the fire brick - same applies to your vent question. If you want to see some really great stone work look for janprimus... The dude is an artist.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
    X