Stucco Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stucco Questions

I applied the fiber blanket and first coat of stucco today and have some pictures in my build post. Have a couple of questions about the second coat of stucco.

First- how long should I wait for the first coat to dry before I apply the second coat? I'm planning to increase the lime amount in the next layer to help with weather proofing? Will also use a finer sand- does this make sense?

I've already fired the modular oven with some small fires and how quickly should I be able to do another small fire- to continue the curing of the oven itself and to start curing the stucco? Would it make sense to do one curing fire before putting on the second coat to give that coat a start on really drying out from the inside?

Realize there are probably many different ways to do this and as long as the fires are kept small, they probably won't hurt.

We finally have a few days of weather without rain forecast so drying to take advantage and make some serious progress.

Last question for this post- can anyone recommend a good sealer or paint for the final stucco to keep it as water tight as possible? Something available at a big box store or paint dealer?

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement so far- hoping to be cooking pizza next week!
Working...
X