New Brickwood Ovens are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brickwood Ovens are out

Well, brickwood ovens finally has their own version of the Forno bravo oven. I found out about this oven last fall and have been waiting to see pricing on it.

Not sure how much money you save in the end, or how stable a 1 piece casting will be compared to the 3 piece Forno Bravo (more experienced builders can chime in here). But at least they got the placement of the chimney right compared to their other designs.

I like their "free shipping" which only covers the first $300. Living on the east coast, it would cost another $300 or so to ship the all inclusive package. So $2000 plus another $300 shipping for this 28" oven, or $2650 for a prebuild 36" Casa2G90 including shipping and a warranty? In my book, not even close.

EDIT: The Giardino 70 is the FB equivalent of their oven, and costs $1450 plus shipping, so around $2000 give or take, even less than the make your own version. What would be the benefit of buying the other one?

30" Wood Fired Outdoor DIY Dome Pizza Oven Packages
    Last edited by ncsmoker; 05-14-2014, 10:29 AM.
    My build:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/d...ild-20119.html

Re: New Brickwood Ovens are out

I'd rank that with their other offerings...
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

It is a mold and some of things required, but it looks like it has a flat ceiling?

Comment

No, the inside ceiling is curved, but the top is flat. Check out the schematics at the bottom of this page.

28 Inch Wood Fired Outdoor DIY Dome Pizza Oven by BrickWood Ovens
        My build:

Comment

Given the company involved, and having seen their brick ovens on the web, I was prepared to be underwhelmed.
          But, to tell the truth, I'm kinda impressed at the simplicity of it all.

Not as impressive as an FB oven, though.

Comment

According to the video the underfloor insulation is around 1/2" of fine vermiculite or sand, clearly inadequate. A one piece casting will probably crack, that's one of the reasons manufacturers make multi piece castings. It won't fall to bits though. It concerns me a bit that the casting is not of an even thickness throughout.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

According to the website the kit includes stainless steel reinforcing fibres. Should take care of cracking?
              However, I was looking at one of our big settling basins the other day and I noticed that the steel reinforcing fibres are visible at the surface. Not sure I'd like that in an oven.
              The uneven thickness is one of the things that makes me think these don't quite measure up to a Forno Bravo oven.
              That and the impression I had that there was no insulation at all under the floor.

Comment

From looking at their online plans, it appears they add a 2" layer of concrete/vermiculite below the oven. Not sure if it is enough or not. I did that plus the rigid FB insulation below my Casa2G90.
                My build:

Comment

4" is better. Being variable thickness alone will cause it to crack, especially that much.

Comment

Working...
                  X