Casa 100 Dome Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa 100 Dome Help

Okay, Casa 100 dome is up and have some questions. Looking from the inside the seams are pretty tight and line up okay. There is one section where the pieces all meet that is a bit lower. Additionally, there is a 1/4" to 1/2' inch hole right in the center of the dome. Is this okay since the mortar will cover it or should I try to correct it because possibly I have the sections in the incorrect position?

The dome pieces are not perfectly molded so it seems there is no way to make the oven match up perfectly. It seems like I am really close to mortaring the dome and proceeding with the rest of the install. I appreciate anyone's input.

Re: Casa 100 Dome Help

Ciao Lou,

The dome pieces should line up pretty nicely. If you check that each dome piece is resting flush on the hearth, and each dome piece is set at the same upward angle, the seams should be pretty consistent and tight.

Of course it isn't a Lexus. :-)

Let me know if you can get it tighter to where it looks good.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

What about the hole in the middle? Should that not be there? It seems there is no way to avoid it unless I have the two back sections in the wrong spot.

Comment

There should not be a hole. It's possible you don't have the pieces set up right. The rear dome pieces have a definite top and bottom.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Could I have the two pieces crisscrossed? Is there an eay way to tell which piece goes where and what is top and bottom. I truly believe I have the top and bottoms set up properly. I could send you pictures to your private email if that would help.

Comment

Lou,
            Tammy or Peter will give you a call, to make sure we get this right.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks for all your assistance. Without this forum probably never would have a oven installed.

Comment

Working...
              X