cas a 100 floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cas a 100 floor

my casa 100 has been up and running for about a year. parts of the floor have gotten a bit rougher than originally installed. was wondering if anyone new this to be normal or if not what to do

thanks in advance tommy

Re: cas a 100 floor

Hi Tommy,

How is your oven cooking? I hope it's been a lot of fun.

It doesn't happen often, but occasionally a floor will slowly wear down and get pitted. Keep an eye on it, and if it starts to get in the way of cooking, send me an email and we will send you a replacement piece. It isn't difficult to do the swap.

Let me know how it goes.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Our regards to the Godfather of the Forno Bravo. It is great to see that we may reap the rewards of such fascination. James, we should honor the trust he has with you and be glad you may share with us in the states.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

On a different subject, as with any oven and cooking pizza's, my landing is starting to show the effects of a few dropped ingredients and outdoor weather. Is there a way to clean the landing safely without damaging it?

Comment

james,

thanks for the reply, right now it does not affect cooking, if it does how do i change the floor. is it difficult?
          tommy

Comment

Hi Tommy,

It isn't difficult, so keep an eye on it for now -- and we'll see where it goes. Meanwhile, enjoy!
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Dalucca,
              What is your landing made of? I just finished polishing the concrete on mine today, then hit it with a brick that I use to prop the oven door. Dinged the heck out of it.
              GJBingham
              -----------------------------------
              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

George.....I have two landings. The external one is made from granite and the more internal one is the one which comes with the oven I purchased from Forno Bravo (Casa 100). The one I was referrring to is the internal one. I was just hoping there was a way to clean it safely.

James, I would like to add some information which is mentioned in this thread. My oven is performing amazingly well. It is firing up nicely and it is amazing how it is retaining its heat. The only issue I see is the pitting of the floor as mentioned by "tommy5". Is this something that will have to be addressed one day, or is it more of a comestic issue.

Comment

It shouldn't get in the way of your cooking -- so I guess you could call it cosmetic. I've seen it before, and have basically not worried about it. If it becomes an issue, just give us a call. Otherwise, keep cooking.

I'm really pleased to hear that you are enjoying your oven. It's remarkable how well these guys heat up and cook.

James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Just a note. I've got a firebrick floor and it has pitted very quickly, though I sanded it after installation. It still works like a champ.
                    GJBingham
                    -----------------------------------
                    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                    X