Modular dome wall gap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular dome wall gap?

In the third photo in the slide show on the new Forno Bravo site, they show a modular oven. In the photo, it looks like there is an inch or larger gap between the wall sections. Is that just a weird photo or do the modular ovens have large gaps between the wall sections? I am finishing up a Pompeii build but am in the process of getting ready to build a new house so am debating whether to do another Pompeii or a Casa at the new house.
    Last edited by fremen325; 07-25-2015, 06:24 PM. Reason: Wrong photo

Hey fremen, I just received a Casa2G100 the other day And got it up on the pad this weekend.The shell sections don't nest together like they show on page 30 of the installation manual. More like what you pointed out on the site photo. I started jockeying the pieces around to get a better fit, but backed off as I don't want to start digging into the insul.board. They are quite heavy and not easy to move. I may have another go at it tomorrow and will let you know what happens.

Comment

As an update of the previous post, I discovered today that the dome sections are apparently uniquely fitted to each other. Two of the sections either side of the landing piece appear to be identical but do not fit correctly if they are swapped (which I had done). Each piece is numbered and I installed them in a clockwise order (facing the front of the stove) which is the reverse order in which they should be arranged. After exchanging the sections they mated much easier and I was able to get close to the ideal gap (1/4") the FB team suggests. A simple diagram of this included with the oven would have saved a lot of time hunting through the website for the appropriate video/info...

Comment

Working...
      X