Wet Oven Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Oven Floor

Has anybody had issues with water getting into their oven from a driving rain? I have a Premio2G120 and with the last rain storm we had the floor of my oven got wet even with the door installed. I had fired it up all day today and you could tell the floor was still damp around the perimeter of the inside of the oven. My oven enclosure is made of stack wall stone which is dry stacked and held together with construction adhesive. I have attached a picture to understand the design. Does the slice board get affected by moisture if it gets wet?

There several threads on ovens getting wet after construction. First thing to do is determine where the water is coming in. The attached pic shows no chimney cap, possible source, dry stack with adhesive, another possible source. level of entry sloping in, flashing around chimney, inner door,(may require a secondary "storm" door on the outer arch). etc. Need to see if you can identify where water is coming in. CaSi board does absorb water easily and gets soft but it hard to say how this could affect your build without seeing how it was constructed. If your floor is wet and saturated your CaSi board probably is too. It may do a curing cycle to get the oven back to dry. But you need to find out first where the water is coming in and fix because if not it will happen again.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks for the comments. The Chimney cap is on top of the chimney it just was not installed for that picture. I plan on creating an "storm door" for the opening and see if that helps. If not, the water may be coming in from in-between the stacked stones. My concern is if the CaSi board will start to deteriorate because it is getting wet.

Comment

Well , you sure don't want it gettin wet and freezing ! the ice expansion could really put the cat amongst the pigeons ! It took me several years before I got my curved steel roof done and i had to put up with ugly tarps , but better safe than sorry !

Comment

Working...
        X