CASA 2G MORTAR PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASA 2G MORTAR PROBLEM

hi , could i use this type of cement for the outside of the seams and around the bottom of my modular casa2g 80 oven ? i removed the refractory mortar that came with the kit because it did not stick to the dome corectly ,(probably my fault beacause the mix was not ok and i did not wet the dome before ), here is a link of the product available here at my local quebec store

tanks in advance
    Imperial Group is an award-winning manufacturer of more than 7,000 heating, air conditioning, ventilation and building products for residential and light commercial applications. The company is an innovator in the design and production of indoor air quality equipment for North American heating, ventilation and air conditioning industries.

The attached pic is from the FB Pompeli instructions. The product you show is a water base heat set mortar. I would suggest you contact FB directly for an alternative.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by sc42766 View Post
      hi , could i use this type of cement for the outside of the seams and around the bottom of my modular casa2g 80 oven ? i removed the refractory mortar that came with the kit because it did not stick to the dome corectly ,(probably my fault beacause the mix was not ok and i did not wet the dome before ), here is a link of the product available here at my local quebec store

tanks in advance
      Our mortar is standard high temp refractory mortar. Any local equivalent would be fine. Heat Stop is a popular product. The key for the Casa is get something which will stand up to 1200 degrees+.

Tim
      Tim | COO
      Get a Fast Quote, visit our Online Store, or read our latest Blog Post!
      Simply Amazing! View Roasted Tomato And Gulf Shrimp On Sweat Cream Grits Recipe.

Comment

I had a hard time getting the supplied mortar to stick to my 2G90 dome. I had to really scrub/clean it. Water just beaded right off, I'm guessing some sort of leftover oil from the casting process? At any rate, lots of elbow grease with a damp rag made all the difference. Then, keeping the mortar damp for a while so it would not dry out too fast (hot sun)

Comment

Working...
        X