UL Site inspection -- passed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UL Site inspection -- passed!

I am proud to say that FB had the Intertek/UL site inspection at our warehouse in Windsor, CA today, and we passed! Very exciting news. I still cannot prediction that date that our ovens will be listed, but this is the final step we had to go through.

Wahoo!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: UL Site inspection -- passed!

Congrats James. Having dealt with a lot of goverment and regulatory agencies I know that passing the inspection is a tribute to your determination and patience. I know some great products that do not have someone at the helm who can shepard their company through the required maze.

Great Job ! My hats off to you.

Bruce
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Congratulations are most definitely in order...will say a lot for the FB product when they do get listed!
      Great job!
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

James,

I still gotta get me one of those WFO's.

someday......

Congrats my friend!

You not only deserve it, but apparently you earned it!
        My thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
        My costs:
        http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
        My pics:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Sorry, maybe this is a really stupid question... but what om earht is a Intertek/UL site inspection ???
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Intertek Labtest - Global consumer goods testing

Overview from their site

We are proud of being one of the leading international consumer product testing, inspection and certification services in the world.

We have earned the confidence of our clients who include some of the world's leading successful retail organisations, manufacturers, international traders and brands. We have helped them throughout their supply chain, to minimise their business risks.

Intertek serves as a long-term partner, from product design through product testing, to final random inspection, providing a competitive edge by implementing quality assurance procedures and processes of the highest standard.

One of the major advantages of partnering with Intertek is our extensive international network of laboratories and offices. Our business philosophy is simple; we go where our clients require us to go and use our extensive resources and expertise to ensure that their needs are fulfilled.

Continued investment in advanced technology, combined with structured employee training, guarantees that we remain at the cutting edge of our industry. Intertek employ teams of highly skilled and motivated individuals in order to achieve the fastest possible turnaround time for customers. We understand that a rapid response rate is essential in today’s modern business environment. Our dedication and determination to provide the fastest service in the industry, without compromising our integrity, is relentless.

Who they work with...
            Statutory Bodies

The following are some of the government agencies and standards organizations which have established safety, quality and ethical trading requirements.

We have been recognized by many relevant accreditation bodies, jurisdictional authorities and governments in different countries, including:

American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
            American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
            British Standards Institution (BSI)
            Deutsches Institut f?r Normung e.V. (DIN)
            European Union
            Fair Labor Association (FLA)
            Fedral Trade Commission
            Hong Kong Toys Council (HKTC)
            International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI)
            International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
            International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
            Social Accountability International (SAI)
            South Africa Bureau of Standards (SABS)
            U.K. Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
            U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
            U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
            U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
            U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
            Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production (WRAP)
            Last edited by jengineer; 04-15-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X