casa 2G90 Build in Lubbock Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casa 2G90 Build in Lubbock Tx

Thought I would share my build from spring 2015. This being my first one...I leaned pretty hard on this forum for info and techniques. I set the oven between a flat top griddle and a Santa Maria pit. We had a blast building this...and I think it came out pretty good. Enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ksig75. Some folks are going to be jealous that you have 11 pics in one post. I approved your first post and then saw another identical topic. I merged the two and somehow, it put all the pics in the second post and placed the second post first in order. I don't know how to fix that, but you should now have full use of the forum from here on out. I'm looking forward to the rest of the build pics. Again welcome to the forum .
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well done Ksig75, a very nice project. Looks like a nice, convenient spot for your outside kitchen.
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Ksig, looks like a great backyard for you and your family.

Comment

Thanks guys! Like I said, I really enjoyed building it and take every opportunity to use it and show it off! Now, I have set my sights on learning all I can about the dough making process and perfecting a pizza dough recipe. I don't know much yet...but I do know it is an art form to be sure....and that building the oven was much, much easier than replicating a successful, consistentNeapolitan crust!

Comment

Don't limit yourself to pizza. You'll be knocked out about how well things do roasts and you'll learn how to bake bread as good as a French boulangerie.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

We had a member here from Australia who really pushed the envelope with regard to WFO cooking. Karangi Dude is sorely missed. But, he showed us we can cook anything in our ovens, we are only limited by our imaginations.
                      Lee B.
                      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Love the look of this. I’m currently building mine and using yours as a guide.

Question, what did you use for the flat roof before the chimney section?

Comment

Thanks Driftincrow, I used 2.5’ x 4’ limestone hearthstone. I have a few pieces I recently bought to build a bench. If you need some pics, let me know and I’ll send you a few.

Comment

Absolutely! Would love to see more pics of the oven.

Comment

Working...
                            X