Casa 90 Questions/Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa 90 Questions/Issues

So… I was able to begin my installation of my Casa 90 kit today and ran into a few issues. Not too sure if they are a big deal or not. First, I did not think much of the issue of the oven arriving with a vent top that seemed unfinished knowing that I was going to be placing a bead of mortar that would help level and smooth the surface. Unfortunately, the mortar that came with the oven behaves more like drywall joint compound than mortar. I now have anything but a solid platform to mount my chimney on.
    the other mortar concern is the cracking in the compound at the oven dome joints.
    The last concern may need to be posted elsewhere, but I thought I would include it here just in case. The ceramic fiberboard came in 2 colors (2 large white pieces and one grey piece). The grey board cut more like pressed cellulose (think suspended ceiling tile) that the other ceramic boards. Is this normal?

Hi chuckkoch I'm building a Casa 100 here and all I can say is that the top of the vent on mine is nice and smooth and the mortar they sent me is not in a bucket it's in a sack. I haven't tried to use the mortar yet so I don't have an experience with it. I also haven't taken the fiberboard out of the box it came in but it looks white. I'd call the vendor I hear they are very helpful.

Comment

Working...
    X