Help with sizing the oven stand/hearth thickness considering burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with sizing the oven stand/hearth thickness considering burner

Hi just ordered a Casa2g90 and I am laying out the plan for my block oven stand and hearth.

I intend to make the stand 56" wide (3.5 blocks) and 64" deep (4 blocks) x 5 course high. I am trying to keep the oven stand footprint as small as possible. I do believe that is a sufficient size to just hold the Casa2g90 with just a stucco coating. I really like the stucco dome look so there wont be much consideration of extra space needed for stone facade, etc.

How about the hearth depth? I was planning on 4" of rebar concrete but perhaps that is too thick? I need to consider the Drago P1+ burner mounting depth. I guess I cant make the hearth so thick that the burner doesnt protrude through. Any and all insight is appreciated.

Steve L

Originally posted by Stlavsa View Post
    How about the hearth depth? I was planning on 4" of rebar concrete but perhaps that is too thick? I need to consider the Drago P1+ burner mounting depth. I guess I cant make the hearth so thick that the burner doesnt protrude through. Any and all insight is appreciated.

Steve L
    The Forno Bravo drawing calls for a minimum thickness of 3 1/2". What is the issue?

Comment

Perhap this will help. I am installing a Premio 100 wood only oven but the manual provided includes most of the FB oven options. This look like the most pertinent page for your question.

Oh, and congratulations on the purchase!

Attached Files
      "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

The strength and therefore thickness of the supporting slab depends on the mass it has to support. By reducing the span between supporting piers or walls, the thickness and therefore the strength required can be reduced. The strength of a concrete slab is proportional to the square of its thickness, this means a halving of thickness will result in 1/4 of the strength. Moving the supporting piers closer to the centre and cantilevering the slab results in a reduction of span allowing a thinner supporting slab. Alternatively an extra pier placed in the centre can also reduce span. Cantilevering requires more complex formwork, but ultimately saves on materials required, because the thickness can be reduced considerably. It also has the advantage of the stand walls being out of the way of your feet.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X