Repair Glass tile on Vesuvio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Glass tile on Vesuvio

I have a couple of glass tiles that were cracked at delivery. Forno Bravo provided a supply of replacement tiles but I have no idea how difficult it is to complete a repair. Does anyone have any experience advice on replacing cracked tiles?

HI Abellch,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the damaged tiles. I'm going to link a youtube video that goes through the steps. However, you will want to scale down the tools needed for this small repair. The first tool that was laid down on the tile at the beginning of the video will help a lot. A utility knife will do for the scoring. Any old small wood chisel would do nicely for lifting the tiles. A cheap plastic notched trowel can be picked up in any big box building supply or hardware store. Getting the small amount of thinset and grout may be an issue. If you can't find them in the small amounts that you need, call your Forno Bravo contact and ask them to send you a few ounces of each.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Gulf; 06-27-2022, 05:50 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
    X