Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked cooking floor when uncrating

While uncrating my new Casa 110 I cracked one of the 4 cooking floor pieces

It is a 6 x 6 inch triangular wedge from the center of the oven floor.

Can I just dry fit this piece and continue with construction? Or should I order a new floor piece?

Re: Cracked cooking floor when uncrating

I would suggest contacting either James via private message or just go ahead and call someone in the service department at FB...they have a lot of technical experience and should be able to give you the best advice!
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I ended up calling FB for advice. They suggested that I proceed with the installation and fit the broken pieces together with a small amount of refmix. I did so and it looks fine.

They were very helpful and reassuring. They also offered to provide me with a replacement floor segment at their cost.

They said it isn't unusual for the floor to develop cracks after installation due to thermal stresses, so I chose to just go ahead and use what I have. I guess I am just starting out with a "pre-aged" floor

Comment

Good for you! I am happy to hear that! Good luck with the rest of the build and we are here to help!
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X