This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Bravo Artigiano Details

I feel very lucky to have met and gotten to know Sig. Marcello, the builder of the Forno Bravo Artigiano ovens. Not everyone has heard the story, but when we first started selling his ovens in the states, he was nervous about us, and wouldn't let me see inside his workshop. Rightfully, he didn't want to lose his trade secrets. But now after some time, and a very good response to his ovens in the states, we got together and he let me back there.

Sig. Marcello has been building brick ovens for over 20 years. He learned the trade from his partner in the business and mentor, who passed away a couple of years ago. They built ovens side by side all those years. Before that, he was a talented mason who worked at the Villa Frescobaldi (the winery) while he was in his 20s.

The workshop has ovens at various stages of production through the shop floor. His bricks are made in Salerno (in the south).

The photos below show an arch and vent they have started making, along with a couple of ovens.

We're lucky to be able to get our hands on them.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

My oven is starting to look like one of these. Are there any photos available that show how he ties his opening arches into the dome bricks?

Comment

Sorry Nick, I don't have those. In fact, I really not supposed to show any pictures of his processes -- it's his trade secret.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
      X