Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you please give me views on this oven

Well - I'm back after a long layoff.

I'm still very keen to build an oven - but time is something that I just dont get any of - making me think that building a oven is something that while appeals, may well be a pipe dream. (heck it took me 2 months to knock together a garden box for the boss).

So I was looking at kiwi based options and I saw this kit-set:

Ovens - Welcome to the website of Hard Yards, manufacturers of Wood Fired Pizza Ovens, Ornamental Outdoor Furniture, and Wood & Gas Fired Braziers - Hard Yards, manufacturers of Wood Fired Pizza Ovens, Outdoor Furniture & Fire Pit Tables

Could people on here with far more knowledge than me have a look and pass on their thoughts please.

I would be wanting to use it for pizza's, breads, and ribs - loads of ribs (something I love almost as much as great pizza).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can you please give me views on this oven

Tankard,
    First thing I noticed is there is no insulation. I don't understand this. Perhaps one could use their oven as a shortcut to the place in the FB instructions where one places insulation over the constructed dome PROVIDING ONE INSULATES UNDER THE PROVIDED HEARTH (really really important, that's why the caps :-)

Second is their lighting instructions... I don't understand the getting the fire going then shutting off the air by putting the door in place. From the pictures of the door there is no provision for air entrance. Their process may work (it's their oven, one would think they would know), just it seems very odd, maybe I'm misreading the instructions.

Hope this helps,
    Wiley

Comment

Re: Can you please give me views on this oven

Originally posted by Wiley View Post
      Tankard,
      First thing I noticed is there is no insulation. I don't understand this. Perhaps one could use their oven as a shortcut to the place in the FB instructions where one places insulation over the constructed dome PROVIDING ONE INSULATES UNDER THE PROVIDED HEARTH (really really important, that's why the caps :-)

Second is their lighting instructions... I don't understand the getting the fire going then shutting off the air by putting the door in place. From the pictures of the door there is no provision for air entrance. Their process may work (it's their oven, one would think they would know), just it seems very odd, maybe I'm misreading the instructions.

Hope this helps,
      Wiley
      Thanks for taking the time to reply Wiley.

I think I will give this a pass and keep looking for something of a higher quality.

Comment

Working...
      X