Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera 60

Hello all,

So my Primavera 60 will be delivered this week. We're going to cure it all week and then flame on the following week. Any sage advice for a new WFO owner/Primavera lifter?

Stan

Re: Primavera 60

Stan

Good Luck and Enjoy your new oven!!

I have a primavera 60 and love it!

Take your time on the cure and be sure to use the laser infrared thermometer during the curing process.
    YouTube - WOOD FIRED OVEN PIZZA PART ONE FORNO BRAVO GALANTINO PRIMAVERA 60

Comment

It's heavy. You are going to have to feed your friends for the favor. :-)
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

STAN
        What we found worked well was two pieces of 2x6 lumber about 8" long. We put them under the oven and then carried it with a person on each end of the boards. We then set it on top of the assembled base and then worked side to side to remove the boards from under the oven thus setting it into the base ring. Be sure to get three of your strongest friends to help.

Comment

That's the right method. We have started using lighter weight materials in the non-refractory/non-insulating parts of the Primavera ovens, and have have reduced the overall weight a little bit.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

we had fun getting the 70 on our pre build stand . but now 6 months later . it was worth every bit of creative use of motor jacks our truck and friends muscle.that oven is the best money i ever spent. my wife felt it was frivolous , but changed her mind after the neighbors swooned over it .

Comment

That makes me soooooo happy.

Thanks thezaman.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Well, it's in. We have about 7 people to help, so we just lifted the darn thing straight up. No fingers lost and free beer for all. Yesterday was the second day of curing, and we grilled hot dogs on long skewers over the coals. I'll post pics when things really get rolling.

Stan

Comment

you are going to love your oven ! even after it is dried out the oven will season over a period. after 15 to 20 firings it will hit its sweet spot. another p-60 owner gave me that bit of advice and i found it to be true.

Comment

Curing is done, and I've cooked in it for several days. I developed a 5ish inch hairline crack down the back interior of the done once my fires got to around 500 degrees, but it hasn't gotten worse and I pushed it pretty hot tonight. Pizza is a work in progress; I'm a pizza romana kind of guy and just can't get the exterior crisp enough yet. Roasted a chicken that was excellent and I'm going to load up 4 pounds of sourdough rye tonight. I'll post some pictures in the appropriate threads when I have them.

Good times.

Stan

Comment

Working...
                    X