lowering my dome height on my primevera 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering my dome height on my primevera 70

any thoughts in how i can lower my inside dome height on my primevera 70 .the reason i want to do it is to get a more even bake on my pizza.

Re: lowering my dome height on my primevera 70

Zaman,

Fellow Ohioan here, Columbus area. Anyway I was thinking if you really need to lower the roof, how about raising the floor. Depending on how high you want to raise it maybe add a layer of fire brick in the area of where you will be baking the pizza simulating a very thick pizza stone. Simple and relatively cheap. The only way I think.

John

Comment

thanks, if the oven was bigger it would work or if i could fashion the floor to completely fill the inside that would work. i did try it and lost to much area. the floor is only 28 inches.i wanted to flatten the center to get more of the Neapolitan style oven. how is it going in columbus? do the two marcella restaurants make good Neapolitan pizza? every time i am in town it is a two hour wait to get in .

Comment

Is the Primavera a fully insulated oven ...under floor and above top ?
        Can you put your hand on the underneath and on top when it is cooking ?

Comment

yes it is fully insulated .any ideas?

Comment

sorry if you've tried this but:

just before you bring out your pizza,
            lift it close to the dome on the peel to finish off the top.

... it's what they do in Naples *shrug*

cheers,
            Mitch.
            -------------------------------------------
            My 2nd Build:
            Is here

Comment

Not sure. What is the problem ?
              Perry

Comment

there is no problem , the oven cooks a great pizza .i just want to see what effect a lower dome would have on the way a pizza cooks. there is talk of how the lower dome is better than high domes. a competitor of forno bravo has a 28 inch oven and their dome is 12.5 inches high. i think the primavera 70 is about 16 inches.

Comment

My oven is a 30" low dome Pompei with a 13.5 inch dome height. I built it because I like my pizza with the effects of high heat on the top, lots of bubbling carmalized cheese and curled up crisp pepperoni. The oven achieves these things wonderfully, but I don't think the effect is much different then you would get skying the pizza a bit before you pull it out. As a side note, I also feel low dome ovens do not burn nearly as efficiently. Although I have the proper ratio, there is not much actual volume or air space above the door, and I feel I lose a lot of heat up the stack.

Comment

thank you for your input i just cooked cooked pizza using a log holder to raise the fire about 2.5 inches above the floor . the flame wisps down the other side really heating the floor. it also puts the flame above the pizza ,so that the front edge doesn't burn. i am happy . thanks to all with suggestions. larry

Comment

Hey folks,

I can add a little bit to this. The dome of the Primavera70 is 14" high from the cooking floor. With smaller ovens, the size of the oven opening is larger relative to the volume of the oven -- because you need to get food in and out. The slightly higher dome gives the oven an "air cushion" above the door opening, which gives it better heat retention, while still preserving great pizza baking mechanics.

Zaman -- I'm glad you have the oven working the way you like! Keep cooking!

James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

james, thanks i have had this oven since may. it is a quality built oven . i have ha a great time with it . with all the talk about different dome heights being better for pizza than others i wanted to cook in a lower dome to see the effects. i am over it now . i do like using a small log holder to raise the flame. i use to have a hard time getting my pizza dough set before the front would burn. the log holder gives me extra time to set and rotate the pizza.
                        i am sold on forno bravo products i have a Tuscana oven shipping in january. it is either going on my restaurant patio or on a trailer.

Comment

That's one good looking pizza. Very nice. :-)

The Casa2G dome is 15" for 32" and 36" ovens, and 16" for the 40" and 44" ovens -- the dome height becomes a lower percentage of the oven diameter, and the oven opening is only a little bit larger, and becomes a smaller percentage relative to the oven volume.

It is a "low dome" design that still retains heat and bakes really well.

Wahoo!

James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                          X