Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casa2g100 who has one

Am considering this as the oven i put together
    my first question is what are they like as a oven?
    in general i would just like feed back from people who have or know a bit about this oven (the casa2g100)
    thanks heaps
    Tanz

Re: casa2g100 who has one

Hi Tanz,

The Casa2G is still pretty new. You could think of it as a Primavera on steroids (bigger and stronger!), which has very nice customer reviews.

Are you talk with the folks at FB NZ or Australia?
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

i just took delivery on a toscana build using the casa g2 engine. i dont know how it will cook but it is beautiful. i am going to have a trailer built for it. i wll not be firing it up till spring.

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
        Hi Tanz,

The Casa2G is still pretty new. You could think of it as a Primavera on steroids (bigger and stronger!), which has very nice customer reviews.

Are you talk with the folks at FB NZ or Australia?
        James
        with the NZ Bunch

Comment

I just finished my Casa2g100. It is a fantastic oven. The project took about 1 month and a half to complete. We had to deal with weather and curing during the construction. I have a video of the whole project I could send you. I tried posting it but I am having difficultly in the download department. We are having so much fun with this oven. It fires up fast and it is a beauty. Ron

Comment

I am considering the casa2g90 or casa2g100 as a second oven for weekend house. I have 42" brick oven at home and love it. Don't really want to spend my weekends building another brick oven. I have the foundation poured and all I would have to do is build the block stand and set the oven up and probably do an igloo finish. How thick is the casa2g dome and does it hold heat for an extended time like the firebrick ovens? It doesn't look like the dome is very thick. I think we would bake in it more than doing pizza so I would want good heat retention.
            Tom

Comment

I would say the entire modular oven is 1.5 inches thick or more. With the 50 lbs of refrac motar they provide, the thermal blanket, and approx 250 lbs of stucco when you are complete you barely feel any heat when this baby gets to 1000 degrees. She also has a 40in cooking space. She is 750 lbs all by itself in the crate. She heats up fast . I have the flip videos on Face Book . or send me your email and I will send you the entire project on Flip Video. Ron ronaldmartorana@yahoo.com
              Last edited by Martorana; 03-28-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

The Casa2G Series is definitely thick enough and heavy enough for any amount of home roasting or bread baking. The dome is 2"+ thick -- it is thicker than the original Casa oven, plus it is cast using a denser refractory material than the original Casa, so it is heavier and it will retain heat even better. You can roast any meal or bake multiple batches of bread from a single firing.

Have fun with you weekend house!
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                X