Installing Indoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Indoors

I bought a Forno Bravo Oven a few years back. It was almost finished then the reality of moving to Maine set in. I covered it up never fired it because I knew it was coming with us and did not want to expose it to possibly weakening it with heat/cool cycles before the move. We now have a spot for it and this season we're going to have some riggers move it inside the new building. I have some questions about installing the flue for this oven and making sure the installation is safe. I can't find any information on the flue requirements for the Forno Bravo 120. Can anybody help me with this? TIA

Re: Installing Indoors

I'll post a simple diagram of what I'm thinking about to further clarify the installation. I should add that the other flue is for an antique wood range so there are two flues shown. Does this set up look ok?
    Last edited by Sailfish; 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Sailfish
      is there a reason (maybe asthetic reasons) why you would not take the flue straight up from the oven and through the roof as per your other flue?
      I would take it directly up from the oven rather than put in 2 bends that will adversely affect the draw of the flue ESPECIALLY since it is indoors.
      However, if a critical roofing beam is in the way, the it is a different matter.
      I would hope that it is an 8" for a 42" oven, nothing less will put smoke out the front of your oven which is not ideal in an inside application.
      The same setup with a double walled (and insulated between them) flue shoud do the trick.

I would also look at the reinforcement of the floor to withstand the weight of the oven but I guess that you have already done your homework on this.

Cheers.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hey Sailfish,

We have installation guides for all of our ovens, and they will be really helpful for your installation -- including setbacks from combustibles and venting requirements. In general, for a 120cm oven, you should use 8" UL103HT Listed pipe. FB sells DuraTech for your oven. It includes an anchor plate, spark arrestor, various lengths of pipe and 30 deg angle sets for routing the pipe up the right location in your walls.

If you have any questions, or need help finding the right installation guide (or the DuraTech installation guide), send us an email at info at fornobravo dot com.

James
        Last edited by james; 03-11-2010, 07:51 PM.
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
        X