going mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going mobile?

I'm looking into this, and it seems like the existing manufacturers are making some money!! This might be the business to be in, not actually making the pizza!!

It occurs to me that everybody is always concerned about vibration and bumps while traveling down the road (in the finished state). But what about when these things are just delivered already assembled from the factory? I know they make a special box to send them in, but the semi trailer doesn't have any special suspension, and it's just sitting on a pallet afterall, so it's definitely going to get some jarring during a 1000 mile delivery.

Even looking at do-it-your selfer's, they don't typically have special skills, and looking at some of the trailers they use, there definitely isn't ultra special engineering? (I'm not putting DIYer's down, just stating what I see to be examples)

I keep hearing/seeing the term 'specially engineered' and I don't think I'm buying it (pun intended). I haven't heard or read a single thread about cracks developing in a mobile that caused a major catastrophe. It would seem that a single pour, homemade trailer oven would be the most susceptible to fail.

Comments?
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html
Working...
X