Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer oven build

Hiya All,
    After many weeks reading about building mobile ovens here I decided to start my own tread.
    Last summer I've build a Pompe? oven in my back yard and loving the oven.
    Interior floor dimension is 105cm/41,3"

As it would be great to do oven/pizza parties on location I'm going to build a mobile one.
    In this thread I would like to discuss and post the progress of my build.
    Plan is to make my own cast dome out of refractory concrete.

I'll be making the dome out of 4 segments but first tings first. The design of the dome..
    Just started to draw the "iglo shape". This is what I've got so far:
    Wall thickness is 75mm (approx. 3")
    Oven floor 1100mm (43.3")
    Inner dome height is 450mm (17.7")
    Door opening is 283,5mm (11.16") and 520mm (20.4")wide
    What do you guys think about the measurements?

Re: Trailer oven build

Do a calculation of the weight of the oven. With walls that thick you will need a very heavy trailer and a huge V8 to haul it.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out! I'm planning to do that once I've drown the oven floor. Than I can "calculate" the volume (and weight) of the oven. At the moment the volume of the dome is 154.3L (=0,154M3) and should be around 355Kg (dome only) Hoping to be able to keep the total weight of the concrete oven under 600kg...

Might be I go for a prefab modular oven, just found one online with ?120cm ovenfloor and the weight is 490Kg. Unfortunately no price online...

Comment

Ah btw I've quite a "strong" van that can pull 2.3tons. Still I agree it's important to keep the trailer oven "as light as possible"

Comment

HI I would be interested to see how this goes as I'm renting and looking to build an oven I can take with me....
          Cheers Josh

Newbie working on plans for a semi-permanent, cheap (partially/mostly recycled) WFO...

Comment

Working on it, Probably going to buy a the concrete oven, I've found an "affordable" professional one to put on a trailer. Inside dimension is 120cm and weighs 490kg. Think buying the one oven is cheaper than making it. Making good molds for an oven is a lot of work and time consuming (=money). And I only need one.

Trying to figure out how to (safely) attach it to a trailer. Thinking about tying the oven down with steel cables over the insulation??? Shoot if you guys can give some advise.

Also looking for a double axle trailer (braked) that's not to big and expensive. To fit the oven on. Thinking about putting the oven on a small frame that I can strap/screw/??? to the trailer so the oven can be removed from the trailer (with a forklift) .
            This is how far I've got drawing the support (no insulation under and above the oven jet).

Might redesign the support as I think 100mm square tubing is overkill to support the weight.

Anyhow, I'll keep posting the progress and looking forward for some advise.
            Cheers!

Comment

You mean a Cast Oven not a Concrete Oven, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                You mean a Cast Oven not a Concrete Oven, right?
                Cast concrete oven.

Comment

Castable refractory is a concrete of sorts. But it uses different aggregate and cement to that of construction concrete.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by marzano san View Post
                    in this thread i would like to discuss and post the progress of my build.
                    Plan is to make my own cast dome out of refractory concrete.
                    ... ...

Comment

Working...
                    X