First time build, Steel WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time build, Steel WFO

Just wanted to post my oven build. Its a steel oven that I wanted to be fairly easy to move and repair if necessary. The oven is 16 gauge steel with removable firebrick for mass on the sides and bottom. The top mass is a 1 1/4'' sealed space that is filled with small river sand and pebbles. This is wrapped with 2" of ceramic fiber blanket on the sides, 1" on the bottom and 4" on the top. Basically I put enough insulation to fill all the voids. It is installed in a housing made 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 3/16 angle iron with 20 gauge steel side walls. This entire oven can be disassembled for repairs or transport, The bricks are held in place with channel iron and by putting them in with a specific order. The door has removable ceramic glass so you can bake things without having to open the door.

I haven't really seen other ovens like it so it was pretty much built on the fly but after doing a few pizza's with it I find that it works really well. It dose not hold the heat for days like other ovens but I don't really need that anyways. I made a channel in each side that I can put a rack or grill or anything I might want to build (I'm thinking of a wok holder for high temp stir fry). Here is a link to photo's of the build.

Postimage.org / Pizza Oven
Working...
X