Looking for simple white oven plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for simple white oven plans

I m interested in building a white oven, looking to bake breads and other outdoor cooking so the 90 second pizza is not my main priority. I have researched the forum and looked at some of the complicated russian oven plans but they seem to be overkill for my needs. I wanted a firebox to heat the hearth and have the flu somehow incorporated to go around the cooking chamber with the ability to allow some gases to enter the cooking chamber. much appreciated if i could get pointed int he right direction. My good friend is a mason by trade and is willing to work with me but cautioned me to find/buy plans that have been tested and proven before undergoing this time investment. thanks.

Re: Looking for simple white oven plans

I too have been looking for some design details for a white oven which has been requested by a client. Stovemasters .com is the only place I have found that can give detailed drawings for a custom designed unit which their engineers will provide for a price. Seems like the best way to go unless you want to go with a masonry heater with an oven built in.

Comment

Originally posted by sunisho View Post
      I m interested in building a white oven, looking to bake breads and other outdoor cooking so the 90 second pizza is not my main priority. I have researched the forum and looked at some of the complicated russian oven plans but they seem to be overkill for my needs. I wanted a firebox to heat the hearth and have the flu somehow incorporated to go around the cooking chamber with the ability to allow some gases to enter the cooking chamber. much appreciated if i could get pointed int he right direction. My good friend is a mason by trade and is willing to work with me but cautioned me to find/buy plans that have been tested and proven before undergoing this time investment. thanks.
      I understood that white ovens allowed bakers to bake continuously ie without down time to fire the oven. What use do you envisage for your oven?

Comment

I have also been looking for examples of a simple white oven and have decided to go proceed. I have purchased a large industrial pizza stone that measures 24 x 30 inches to use as the white over floor. I received the slab last week and believe it is up to the task. The manufacturer has some information on their testing.

Industrial Square Pizza and Baking Stones

Comment

While we specialize in Black ovens, not White ovens, I thought it worth mentioning that the floor thickness and the oven dome thickness needs to work in concert to achieve proper thermal mass.

Black ovens will have the coal base on the floor keeping it hot and replenishing heat as you remove food. White ovens don't have this direct coal contact so the floor heat will dependent on natural heat transfer as the oven seeks equilibrium. Each time you pull food from the oven, you are taking more thermal mass from the floor than the rest of the oven and without the coal base, this means you will have more heat variance while cooking reducing throughput as your oven seeks to equally distribute thermal mass and re-heat the floor.

You may find that the floor isn't thick enough to limit this thermal variance depending on the dome thickness.

Just a thought, thanks for participating in our Forum.

Comment

Working...
          X